Saturday 15 March 2008

A Natural Suicide

But what does it mean?

Our angry voices cry

With the fervour and rhythm

Of a thought that feigns to fly.


Collective, we are

Give to the cause

I came from the

Past?


That cannot be true

For what significance

Can be attributed to life

Without that passage

To frame and guide?


I will not use 'we'

For fear of contagion

Needs breach the person

An extension

Of nothing, of all.


This, we come to the root

Of the very problem

Facing a wide berth

And stronger arms

For the last, and first

Is here.


Part Deux


Am I more cultured

May I now place myself atop

Of you?

Combining foreign and native

The social ladder proves itself to be

An easy climb; steal a language.


I defy your rules

But I live within your bounds

There is naught I can do

There is not I can be

I do not defy these rules.

No comments: