Saturday 15 March 2008

Do Not Struggle

When we came to be, that short time ago - but was it?
What is my justification for using that particular adjective?
That we haven't been dominant on this planet for as long as the dinosaurs were?
There is an immediate flaw there; what is dominant?
Do we mistake dominance for greed and self-harm?
What pride can we have in dominating a planet that we are destroying?
For the time being, however, I shall press on with the point. Do I surprise you?
Can I justify my words by referring to the continued, and original, existence of the planet that we inhabit?
Or perhaps in the universe lies the key?
I bring to the stand the predicament; which term is the righteous?
Humans have existed for a long time. Humans have existed for a short time.
Case 02: The human race has existed for a long time, as we have been part of the evolutionary web for many times any single span of life.
Furthermore, as the span of one's own life is all that a person can know about time, it is by default that anything longer than it must be classed as such. Relativity.
There is always a but, only the effectiveness of the manoeuvre can fluctuate widely. When do we grant humanity to have begun?
With the evolution of the Homo Sapien?
What of the genus?
If this proves to be too difficult an indicator would you consider the human race to have been in proper existence since the time of the first civilised nations?
If so would you consider many modern people to actually be of another race?
Inferior?
Why do I contradict myself?
What if we hadn't survived?

No comments: